Maggie Gau, who served as Tony Evers’ campaign manager for his successful guv bid and previously worked as a legislative aide in the state Capitol, will become his chief of staff.
Meanwhile, JoAnne Anton, who formerly worked as U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl’s state director and now leads his philanthropic organization, will be the director of Evers’ transition team, the campaign announced yesterday.
Evers’ campaign also announced five co-chairs:
* Chuck Pruitt, a partner and co-managing director of the A.B. Data Group. He’s also a former member of the UW System Board of Regents.
* Amy Traynor, an Eau Claire teamer and former 2012-13 Wisconsin Middle School Teacher of the Year award recipient.
* Jan Allman, the president, CEO and general manager of the Marinette Marine Corp.
* Dr. Veronica Gunn, the CEO of Genesis Health Consulting and a board-certified pediatrician.
* Kevin Conroy, the chairman and CEO of Exact Sciences.
The announcements are the first pieces of a transition team that is expected to grow with Evers seeking $94,600 to help the guv-elect prepare to take office. Most of that would go to seven staff positions.
In addition to Anton, the transition team will consist of: a deputy director, press secretary, director of operations, director of personnel, receptionist and office assistant. Altogether, the proposed staff costs account for $79,400 of the request.
An Evers spokeswoman said the transition was not ready to announce any other hires.
The overall request is higher than 2010 and 2002, the last two times a non-incumbent guv was elected. Sixteen years ago, Dem Jim Doyle requested $87,500, while Republican Scott Walker sought $82,723 in 2010, according to a memo on the Evers request written by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau.