Contact: Jonathan Barry, (608) 266-8369
MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved slightly more than $12.25 in million State Trust Fund Loans to support eleven community projects in Wisconsin.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
- City of Blair, Trempealeau County / Refinance BCPL loan #2009010.01 / $142,000
- City of Blair, Trempealeau County / Refinance BCPL loan #2009010.02 / $50,000
- City of Blair, Trempealeau County / Refinance BCPL loan #2009010.03 / $282,000
- Village of Egg Harbor, Door County / Construct new library/community center / $1,507,500
- Town of Ironton, Sauk County / Purchase truck and equipment / $159,000
- City of Manawa, Waupaca County / Finance TID #2 development incentive / $430,000
- Village of Mattoon, Shawano County / Purchase fire truck / $113,000
- Racine School District, Racine County / Refinance BCPL loan #2016166 / $5,225,000
- Rusk County / Purchase property / $1,270,000
- City of Two Rivers, Manitowoc County / Finance 2017 capital projects and equipment purchases / $1,772,340
- City of Two Rivers, Manitowoc County / Refinance April 2, 2007, General Obligation Refunding Bonds / $1,300,000
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2016 earnings of $37.7 million are the largest distribution in the agency’s history and provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2016 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=27361&locid=145).
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages theCommon School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.