CONTACT: Jonathan Barry, Executive Secretary (608) 266-8369
MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved $1.8 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support seven community projects in Wisconsin. Board Chair Brad Schimel and Commissioner Doug La Follette voted in favor of the loans with Commissioner Matt Adamczyk voting against them.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
- City of Beaver Dam, Dodge County / Purchase capital equipment / $170,000
- City of Lodi, Columbia County / Finance TID #4 economic development project / $500,000
- City of Lodi, Columbia County / Finance TID #4 economic development project / $150,000
- Town of Reid, Marathon County / Construct garage / $50,000
- City of Waupaca, Waupaca County / Finance street and public works projects / $600,000
- City of Waupaca, Waupaca County / Purchase capital equipment and finance public works projects / $150,000
- Village of Woodville, St. Croix County / Finance roadwork / $180,00
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2017 earnings of $32.1 million provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2017 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=28101&locid=145).
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages the Common School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.