CONTACT: Jonathan Barry, Executive Secretary (608) 266-8369
MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved slightly more than $6.4 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support five community projects in Wisconsin.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
· City of Onalaska, La Crosse County / Improve buildings and purchase police cars and aerial photography / $242,355
· Village of Slinger, Washington County / Purchase municipal vehicles / $300,000
· St. Croix County / Finance capital improvements / $4,900,000
· Village of Winneconne, Winnebago County / Refinance BCPL loan #2014116 / $472,834.28
· Village of Winneconne, Winnebago County / Finance land acquisition / $507,500
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2017 earnings of $32.1 million are sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2017 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=28101&locid=145).
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages the Common School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.