Jonathan Barry, Executive Secretary
MADISON – On Wednesday, July 5, the Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) approved nearly $9 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support eleven community projects in Wisconsin.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
- Town of Christiana, Vernon County / Finance roadwork / $150,000
- City of Clintonville, Waupaca County / Finance sewer projects / $396,000
- City of Omro, Winnebago County / Refinance BCPL loan #2005085 / $378,983
- City of Omro, Winnebago County / Finance water and sewer system improvements / $497,884
- Town of Pensaukee, Oconto County / Finance building and lighting projects / $68,000
- Town of Round Lake, Sawyer County / Construct fire station addition / $150,000
- Town of Sheboygan, Sheboygan County / Finance road projects / $1,500,000
- City of Sun Prairie, Dane County / Finance land purchase / $4,931,000
- Village of Suring, Oconto County / Refinance TID #1 debt / $291,600
- Village of Suring, Oconto County / Refinance municipal building debt / $172,988
- Town of Wyocena, Columbia County / Finance roadwork / $352,000
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2017 earnings of $32.1 million provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2017 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=28101&locid=145).
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages the Common School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.