Join Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee and Area Businesses As They Turn Wisconsin Ave. Blue
More than 200 Club members help make special announcement, followed by march down Wisconsin Avenue
Learn why Wisconsin Avenue is going BLUE starting the morning of June 21 and continuing into that evening as part of a major community initiative.
Hear from Club members, Mayor Barrett and County Executive Abele thanking local businesses & community leaders for their efforts so far and learn what is still needed to create additional, safe, enriching and engaging locations for Milwaukee youth.
Watch as more than 200 youth dressed in blue head down Wisconsin Avenue to thank and help businesses join in the effort to turn the city blue with blue chalked sidewalks, blue street poles, blue banners, storefronts and more!
Hear from business leaders on Wisconsin Avenue to learn why they are investing in Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee as a means to bolster the future social and economic health of the community and their own businesses
Where: O’Donnell Park, At the corner of Wisconsin and Prospect near the Sunburst sculpture
When: Wednesday, June 21st
6:30 – 8:30 a.m. – Club volunteers begin to turn Wisconsin Ave. blue
8:30 – 10 a.m. – Event site at O’Donnell Park turns blue
10:00 a.m. – press conference
Specific Video/Photo Opportunities:
- 200 Boys & Girls Club members
- Holding giant “Thank You” cards and doing a cheer
- Streaming down Wisconsin Avenue, as it is decked out in blue – blue chalked sidewalks, blue street poles and banners, business fronts gone blue and more.
- Hand delivering giant “Thank You” cards to local business partners that have gone blue in their own way.
- Visit other downtown businesses going blue for the day or night