Department of Revenue Collections: May FY2017

  Collections for Month Collections to Date
Revenue Source FY 2016 FY 2017 % change FY 2016 FY 2017 % change
       
Individual Income              766,878               725,408 -5.4%           6,612,234           6,838,706 3.4%
Adjusted              470,736               498,180 5.8%      
         
General Sales & Use              412,782               414,577 0.4%           4,123,994           4,237,632 2.8%
         
Corporate                15,865                 35,491 123.7%               771,095               735,013 -4.7%
         
Excise Taxes                55,680                 55,841 0.3%               580,812               577,216 -0.6%
         
Other              182,056               195,173 7.2%               434,267               442,508 1.9%
         
Total GPR           1,433,261           1,426,490 -0.5%         12,522,402         12,831,075 2.5%
Total GPR, adjusted           1,137,120           1,199,262 5.5%      

 

($ thousands)

Notes:

  1. For both fiscal years FY2016 and FY2017, the adjusted line excludes withholding that was received on the first working day of May, rather than the last day of April, which was a weekend day. The collections-to-date were not affected in either fiscal years.
  2. Individual Income includes 62.5% of pass-thru withholding and Corporate Income includes the remaining 37.5%.
  3. The “Other” category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
  4. Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
  5. This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System.  Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration.
  6. All data are preliminary and unaudited.
SHARE