|MADISON – The State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved several key projects today including, but not limited to:
- Construction of the Lubar Center for Entrepreneurship on the campus of UW-Milwaukee;
- Construction of the new residence hall on the campus of UW-Eau Claire;
- Renovation projects for North Hall, Price Commons, and Bowman Hall on the campus of UW-Stout;
- Fire alarm system replacement on the campus of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King; and
- Various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.