Contact: Tom Evenson
Madison, Wisconsin – Governor Scott Walker presented Wisconsin entrepreneurs with the Governor’s Business Plan Contest Awards today at the 15th Annual Wisconsin Entrepreneurs Conference. The two-day conference is one of the Midwest’s premiere “how-to,” hands-on events for entrepreneurs of all ages and experience levels.
“Entrepreneurs, and the small businesses and startups they run, have the greatest potential for economic growth in our state,” Governor Walker said. “That’s why encouraging growth and fostering a pro-business environment in Wisconsin remains a top priority for us moving forward. And programs like our Capital Catalyst Program and Seed Accelerator Program help entrepreneurs grow and new businesses, like the ones here today, take root and thrive in Wisconsin.”
The Wisconsin Entrepreneurs Conference draws entrepreneurs that are still in the development phase as well as established business leaders. Several industries are represented at the conference every year, including information technology, advanced manufacturing, life sciences, business services, and consulting. This year, the conference features panel discussions and seminars for emerging companies on how to “launch, grow, and succeed,” as well as an innovation showcase highlighting companies throughout Wisconsin.
Governor’s Business Plan Contest finalists representing diverse tech-based sectors in Wisconsin’s startup economy presented live, seven-minute pitches to judges on their business ideas yesterday at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs Conference.
The 13 finalists emerged from three rounds of judging in the contest, which is organized by the Wisconsin Technology Council in conjunction with its partners and sponsors. This year’s contest began in late January with approximately 175 entries in four categories – Advanced Manufacturing, Business Services, Information Technology, and Life Sciences.
2017 Governor’s Business Plan Contest Finalists
- Cardigan – Matt Younkle, Madison
- Cellular Logistics – Adam Bock, Sun Prairie
- Compost Crusader – Melissa Tashjian, Milwaukee
- DotCom Therapy – Correll Lashbrook, Madison
- EWPanel – Chunhua Yao, Madison
- Health Connection – Jordan Mather, Appleton
- i65 – Melinda Caughill, Mequon
- Nano Red – Johnathan Ebben, Milwaukee
- Northern Star Fire – Jeff Dykes, Eau Claire
- Pixologie – Mollie Bartelt, Milwaukee
- Synesis – Kenneth Iwinski, Wisconsin Rapids
- ThirdSpace – Scott Kohl, Madison
- VibeTech – Jeffrey Leismer, Sheboygan