CONTACT: Kathryn Schick
MADISON – Governor Scott Walker and First Lady Tonette Walker will kick off the holiday season tonight by lighting the Christmas Tree at the Wisconsin Executive Residence.
“Christmas is a truly special time of the year, and Tonette and I are thrilled to light the tree at the Executive Residence with everyone tonight,” Governor Walker said. “From our family to yours, we wish the people of Wisconsin a very Merry Christmas!”
“We’re excited for people to get a sneak peek at the beautiful decorations inside the Executive Residence, made possible by the generosity of our holiday designers,” First Lady Tonette added. “We hope everyone has the chance to see the stunning displays during our holiday public tours in December and adds a visit to the People’s Home to their list of annual Christmas traditions.”
2017 Holiday Designers Include
- JJ’s Acres of Woodruff, WI
- Treasure Hut Flowers of Delavan, WI
- Designs of the Interior of Green Bay. WI
- Impressions by Esther Flemming of Milwaukee, WI
- Edgewater Greenhouse of Portage, WI
- The Bruce Company of Middleton, WI
- Linda Hughes
- The Wisconsin National Guard
The Governor and First Lady have partnered with Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Department of Tourism’s Big Bundle Up Campaign again this year. Non-perishable food items and warm winter items, including new or gently used mittens, hats, scarves, coats, sweaters, jackets, and snow pants, are happily accepted at the residence during public tours and will be donated to those in need.
2017 Holiday Open House Schedule
- Saturday, December 2, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 6, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 7, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 9, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 13, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 14, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tours are free and cameras are allowed. Parties of 20 or more are asked to make a reservation by calling(608) 246-5501. Parking is available directly outside the residence gates. The Wisconsin Executive Residence is handicapped accessible, and handicapped parking is available upon request at the time of arrival.