The Madison Club, 5 E. Wilson St.
CONTACT: Jonathan Zarov
Director of Marketing
P: (608) 354-0149
C: (608) 335-2783
Madison, Wis.–Saturday, December 2, 2017, marks the 20th annual Tea & Trains benefit for Madison Children’s Museum. This is one of Madison’s most classic, timeless holiday traditions. At the center of the event is a vintage electric train set, with guest conductor, and a high tea service.
The event takes place 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Madison Club, 5 E. Wilson St.
Every Tea & Trains features the reading of a children’s book. This year, Andi Brooks of Q106 FM will read The Big Bucky Badger Mystery, by Chris Newbold, at 11 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
Bucky Badger will greet guests and pose for photos between readings, 12-1 p.m.
In addition to Bucky and the reading, the event includes a day full of activities, including:
- Holiday high tea, featuring fancy food and treats to delight many tastes
- Conductor Joe Schappel’s private American Flyer electric train collection
- Holiday family portraits by Beth Breidel Design & Photography
- Old fashioned silhouette making (ages 2 and up)
- Doll hair styling and ear piercing for American Girl Dolls and other similar dolls
- Raffle of three bountiful gift baskets for kids
- Silent auction with over 85 festive offerings from local businesses
- Strolling magician and balloon artist
- Games, crafts, and more!
Tickets cost $35 each and can be purchased on the museum’s website.
See photos from Tea & Trains 2016 on the Facebook page.
Tea & Trains is generously supported by the following:
National Guardian Life Insurance Company
Levy Giving Fund
Valerie & Andreas Kazamias
Candace & Phill Bloedow
Beth & Paul Lindorff
Wisconsin Bank & Trust