As part of its continuing effort to encourage in-depth analysis of the most important issues of the day, the Milwaukee Press Club is pleased to present its next Behind the Headlines topic.
The stakes are high in Wisconsin and nationwide as Congress considers and revises the American Health Care Act (AHCA), intended to replace the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Opinions and positions are split both between and among Republicans and Democrats.
What: The Milwaukee Press Club has assembled panelists with expertise in health care, insurance and community health to discuss what they believe is needed in order to provide quality, affordable health care to families and individuals for the foreseeable future.
When: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: The Newsroom Pub, 137 E. Wells Street, Milwaukee, 53202
Guest panel: (listed alphabetically):
- John Bartkowski, former President and CEO of Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers
- Todd Catlin, Owner/Partner, Transition Health Benefits
- Bob Duncan, Executive Vice President, Community Services
- Cathy Mahaffey, President and CEO, Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative
Guest panelists will respond to questions from the media panel, followed by audience participation.
- Lauren Anderson, BizTimes Milwaukee
- Guy Boulton, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Rich Kirchen, Milwaukee Business Journal
Transportation Development Association
Cost and Registration:
The cost to attend is $20 for MPC members, $25 for non-members. Lunch is included. Seating will be limited. Advanced registration and payment are required and may be done online at www.milwaukeepressclub.org. Checks may be mailed to the MPC at PO Box 176, North Prairie, WI 53153-0176.
Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Please contact Joette Richards at the Milwaukee Press Club with any questions at email@example.com or call 262-894-2224.