(414) 475-8650 (office) or (414) 531-0213 (cell)
Milwaukee Public Schools elementary and middle school students will present a special program that celebrates the cultures and identifies the challenges facing countries around the world during a special fair on Monday, March 20. The schools – whose students speak 35 different languages – have been working all year on their projects. This work is part of a new district initiative: the United Nations Schools of International Learning program.
The program is sponsored through a $100,000 grant from the Greater Milwaukee Foundation’s Annette J. Roberts & Joan R. Robertson Fund for World Peace, World Law and Peace Education.
- WHO: Students from nine MPS schools
- WHAT: Groups of students will present projects and explain what they learned as part of the United Nations Schools of International Learning program
- WHEN: March 20, 2017 from 3:30 – 6 p.m.
- WHERE: Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53209
The MPS schools participating are Bethune Academy, Burbank, Garland, Humboldt Park, Milwaukee Academy of Chinese Language, Parkview, Story, Victory and Zablocki.