Fitchburg area construction update
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
NOTE: Crews plan to work six days a week (Monday through Saturday) during daytime hours only.
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods in the project area. Please continue to patronize the area businesses!
Verona Road, from Fitchrona Road underpass north to Raymond Road
- No nightly single lane closures anticipated on Verona Road northbound and southbound within these limits.
- Updated: View construction activities along Verona Road.
County PD (McKee Road), between Fitchrona Road and Spoke Drive
- Daily single lane closures may occur on County PD in this area, as needed throughout the week.
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday through Friday
- All lanes on County PD (McKee Road) to remain open during morning and afternoon rush hours.
- Updated: View work operations in this area.
East Frontage Road, between Sprocket Drive and Chalet Gardens Road/Toppers Lane
- The East Frontage Road, between Sprocket Drive and Chalet Gardens Road, CLOSED until mid to late August 2017.
- Access from Verona Road to the East Frontage Road (at Williamsburg Way) remains CLOSED to through traffic.
- Turns from Verona Road are allowed for local access within the work zone.
Fitchrona Road extension, between County PD and Kapec Road
- New roadway through Wingra’s quarry is anticipated to open in mid to late August. Ongoing work includes asphalt paving and restoration.
Nesbitt Road, between County PD (McKee Road) and Limestone Lane
- Nesbitt Road is OPEN to all traffic, including access to local businesses and residences within the work zone.
- Flagging operations may be required for electrical lighting work, backfill and topsoil placement between new wall and curb. Be alert for crews!
- Storm water basin construction continues between Verona Road and Nesbitt Road.
Plan Ahead: Two week look-ahead for August 14-19
- Updated: Read about the Verona Road Project construction activities for week of August 14-19.