MADISON, Wis. — The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection announced today that eleven nominees are certified eligible for the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB) 2017 Board of Directors election.
Here are the candidates, listed by district:
District 1 (Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Rusk, Sawyer and Washburn counties), nominee: Benjamin Peterson, Grantsburg.
- District 4 (Barron and Polk counties), nominee: Audrey Kusilek, Rice Lake.
District 7 (Clark County), nominee: David Bangart, Greenwood.
- District 10 (Brown, Door and Kewaunee counties), nominee: Julie Veldhuis, Kewaunee.
- District 13 (Buffalo, Pierce and Pepin counties), nominees: Lanette Harsdorf, Beldenville; and Robert Sendelbach, Cochrane.
- District 16 (Fond du Lac, Green Lake and Marquette counties), nominees: David Schmitz, Fond du Lac; and Janet Clark, Rosendale.
- District 19 (Columbia and Dodge counties), nominee: Becky Levzow, Rio.
- District 22 (Grant County), nominee: Ann Kieler, Platteville.
- District 25 (Green, Rock and Walworth counties), nominee: Stacy Eberle, Monroe.
To vote, DATCP is distributing mail-in ballots to dairy producers who live in the nine districts. Producers who do not receive a ballot by May 10 should contact Debbie Gegare, the Market Orders Program Coordinator, at (608) 224-5116 or [email protected] to request a ballot. The election period runs through May 25, with results announced in early June. For more election information, visit www.wmmb.com/elections.
DATCP administers elections for Wisconsin commodity marketing boards. To learn more about the market order boards, visit: https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/
DATCP has confirmed that each candidate is an active dairy producer, or representative of an affected producer, who sells milk into commercial channels and lives in the district up for election. In addition, DATCP certified each candidate’s nomination form, which included five signatures from active dairy producers within the district, and a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility requirement.