Milwaukee – The Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA) elected the 2017 Executive Committee and new Board members yesterday at the association’s 2017 annual meeting.
“I am very honored and excited to become President of WEDA. I look forward to building on the association’s past success and expanding our educational offerings to both current members and local officials,” said new WEDA President Edward White. “I also hope to reach out to our partners in economic development to increase membership and advance economic prosperity in communities across Wisconsin.”
2017 WEDA Executive Committee:
- Edward White, Executive Director of Sauk County Economic Development Corporation, was elected as 2017 WEDA President by the WEDA Board of Directors.
- Heather Wessling, V.P. Economic Development at the Kenosha Area Business Alliance, has been elected as WEDA President-Elect.
- Jason Monnet, V.P. and Senior Loan Officer at the Wisconsin Business Development Finance Corporation, was selected as WEDA Treasurer.
- Mary Rajek, Redevelopment Resources LLC, was appointed to the Executive Committee as the At-Large Board Member.
- Pam Christenson, Economic Development Director for Madison Gas and Electric, is the 2017 Past President.
2017 New WEDA Board Members:
- Matthew Mikolajewski, Economic Development Director for the City of Madison, was elected to a second three-year board term by the WEDA membership.
- Michael Ostrowski, Community Development Director for the City of Stevens Point, was elected for a second three-year board term.
- Manny Vasquez, V.P. of Business Development for the Pfefferle Companies, was elected for a three-year board term.
- Edward White, Executive Director of Sauk County Economic Development Corporation and new WEDA President, was elected for a three-year board term.
- Donna Walker, Community and Economic Development Director for Alliant Energy, was elected for a three-year board term.