CONTACT: Eric Bott, EBott@afphq.org
Activist group announces mail, digital, radio investments to supplement ongoing grassroots efforts
MADISON, Wis. – Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) on Tuesday announced a new six-figure mail, digital, and radio ad campaign to bolster the group’s ongoing statewide grassroots efforts urging Wisconsinites to vote for Rep. Kathy Bernier, Rep. Andre Jacque, Rep. Dale Kooyenga, and Sen. Howard Marklein in their bids for State Senate. This round of investment, which bolsters the canvassing and phone banking efforts already underway, highlights the low unemployment, higher salaries and wages, and lower taxes enjoyed by Wisconsinites due to policies championed by these lawmakers.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement:
“Thanks to these lawmakers and their consistent support for policies that remove barriers to opportunity, Wisconsinites are enjoying historically low unemployment and more money in their pockets. Wisconsin’s economy is moving in the right direction, and our activists know these policy champions will work to keep this momentum going as state senators. Wisconsin needs leaders who will reject special interests and double down on the pro-growth reforms that got us here in the first place and we enthusiastically encourage Wisconsinites to vote for Rep. Kathy Bernier, Rep. Andre Jacque, Rep. Dale Kooyenga, and Sen. Howard Marklein in their bids for State Senate.”
- Wisconsin experienced an all-time low unemployment rate of 2.8 percent in April, May, and June. The unemployment rate was below 3 percent for an unprecedented six straight months.
- Private sector wages are up more than 25 percent since December 2010. Construction wages increased 50 percent and manufacturing wages increased 15.4 percent.
- Per capita personal income has increased $7,800 since 2011.
- Wisconsin is a national leader in manufacturing job growth and ranked second in the country in May.
- Wisconsin ranks 4th highest in the nation, 1st in the Midwest for health care quality.
- Wisconsin is tied for #1 for highest median SAT scores.
- Rep. Kathy Bernier currently represents Assembly District 68 in western Wisconsin and is running to represent Senate District 23.
- Rep. Andre Jacque currently represents Assembly District 2 in northeast Wisconsin and is running to represent Senate District 1.
- Rep. Dale Kooyenga currently represents Assembly District 14 in southeast Wisconsin and is running to represent Senate District 5.
- Sen. Howard Marklein currently represents Senate District 17 of southwest Wisconsin and is running for reelection.
For further information or an interview, reach Lorenz Isidro at LIsidro@afphq.org or (703) 887-7724.
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) exists to recruit, educate, and mobilize citizens in support of the policies and goals of a free society at the local, state, and federal level, helping every American live their dream – especially the least fortunate. AFP has more than 3.2 million activists across the nation, a local infrastructure that includes 36 state chapters, and has received financial support from more than 100,000 Americans in all 50 states. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org