CONTACT: Jonathan Barry, Executive Secretary (608) 266-8369
MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved $3.7 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support eight community projects in Wisconsin. Board Chair Brad Schimel and Commissioner Doug La Follette voted in favor of the loans with Commissioner Matt Adamczyk voting against them.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
- Arkdale Lake District, Adams County / Finance dam analysis and repair / $75,000
- City of Ashland, Ashland County / Finance TID #10 development agreement / $550,000
- Town of Buchanan, Outagamie County / Purchase capital equipment and vehicles / $485,000
- Town of Cedarburg, Ozaukee County / Construct sports complex / $1,600,000
- Village of Eastman, Crawford County / Finance roadwork and water main improvements / $305,000
- Town of Maple, Douglas County / Purchase road grader / $186,000
- Village of River Hills, Milwaukee County / Finance 2018 capital expenditures / $434,886
- Town of Sullivan, Jefferson County / Purchase ambulance / $127,989
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2018 earnings of $35.7 million provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2018 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=28530&locid=145).
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages the Common School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.