Contact: Jonathan Barry, Executive Secretary
Board of Commissioners of Public Lands: Approves nearly $4.4 million for community projects
MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved nearly $4.4 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support nine community projects in Wisconsin. Board Chair Brad Schimel and Commissioner Doug La Follette voted in favor of the loans with Commissioner Matt Adamczyk voting against them.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
- Town of Clover, Bayfield County / Finance storm damage repairs / $250,000
- City of Delafield, Waukesha County / Finance 2018 capital projects / $311,000
- Village of Kellnersville, Manitowoc County / Finance water main replacement / $80,000
- City of Niagara, Marinette County / Upgrade water meter reading system / $100,000
- Town of Pigeon, Trempealeau County / Finance roadwork / $440,000
- Village of Plover, Portage County / Purchase fire truck and refinance GO bonds / $1,900,000
- City of Port Washington, Ozaukee County / Finance business development loan / $330,000
- City of Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan County / Finance subdivision infrastructure / $760,000
- City of Tomah, Monroe County / Purchase vehicles / $200,000
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2018 earnings of $35.7 million provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2018 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=28530&locid=145).
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages the Common School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.