For Immediate Release
DATE: June 5, 2018
CONTACT: Jonathan Barry, Executive Secretary (608) 266-8369
MADISON – The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved nearly $3.5 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support eight community projects in Wisconsin. Board Chair Brad Schimel and Commissioner Doug La Follette voted in favor of the loans with Commissioner Matt Adamczyk voting against them.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
· Village of Albany, Green County / Purchase building and truck / $81,000
· Town of Buchanan, Outagamie County / Finance infrastructure projects / $500,000
· City of Cumberland, Barron County / Finance road projects / $665,411
· City of Cumberland, Barron County / Finance lift station #11 reconstruction / $140,000
· Town of Grantsburg, Burnett County / Purchase town hall building / $170,000
· Village of Random Lake, Sheboygan County / Finance road and utility projects / $525,000
· Town of River Falls, Pierce County / Purchase land / $100,000
· Town of Winchester, Vilas County / Construct town shop and renovate town hall / $1,300,000
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2018 earnings of $35.7 million provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.
A list of 2018 library aid received by each public school district is available at: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=28530&locid=145).
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, State Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, and Attorney General Brad Schimel. The BCPL manages the Common School Fund, which was created in Article X of Wisconsin’s Constitution, as a permanent endowment to benefit public education.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.