CONTACT: Sawyer Briel, DNR communications, 608-282-5334
MADISON – The world of hunting is changing, and Department of Natural Resources staff are hard at work to make sure Wisconsin’s hunters have the resources they need for a safe and successful deer season.
Wild Wisconsin is your ticket to enjoying the outdoors this fall. Web series segments, podcasts and more – all at your fingertips. With help from Vortex Optics, Mayville Engineering Company Shooting Sports and The Hunting Public, Wild Wisconsin is back for year two.
Whether you prefer to watch all segments at once, catch one or two before your hunt, or listen to podcasts, Wild Wisconsin has it all. Topics range from public land hunting tips to chronic wasting disease and what it means for Wisconsin’s deer herd.
Wild Wisconsin main series segments – these segments provide a quick overview of helpful hunting-related topics:
- Ep. 1 – What Does It Mean to Be a Wisconsin Deer Hunter?;
- Ep. 2 – 2018 Deer Hunting Forecast;
- Ep. 3 – How Can Reading the Landscape Improve Your Hunt?;
- Ep. 4 – Wisconsin’s Public Lands;
- Ep. 5 – Field Dressing and New Rules; and
- Ep. 6 – Wild Game Cooking.
Wild Wisconsin bonus segments – a more in-depth look at CWD, public land hunting and more:
- Public Land Hunting 101;
- Managing Your Land for Wildlife;
- What DNR Deer Research Means for You;
- What Does Chronic Wasting Disease Mean for Wisconsin’s Hunters?; and
- Firearm and Treestand Safety.
For even more hunting content, be sure to check out the Wild Wisconsin: Off the Record podcast – topics covered include a deer hunting forecast, public land hunting guide and much more. You can find the podcast series on iTunes (search “Wild Wisconsin), Stitcher (search “Wild Wisconsin) and YouTube.
All web series segments and podcasts, along with wild game recipes and much more, can be found at dnr.wi.gov, keywords “Wild Wisconsin.” Be sure to follow DNR’s Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter pages for more Wild Wisconsin throughout Fall hunting seasons.