|MADISON – The State of Wisconsin Building Commission, chaired by Governor Scott Walker, met today to approve several key projects across the state including:|
- Structured cabling upgrades and other renovations and improvements to buildings at the Southern Wisconsin Center.
- Various remodeling and electrical system safety improvements at the Wisconsin Resource Center.
- Parking, site fencing and other repairs and remodeling at a variety of Department of Military Affairs locations.
- Authority to construct new indoor fish hatchery facilities at the Kettle Moraine Springs Fish Hatchery, expanding capacity meet the stocking needs for Lake Michigan fisheries.
- Addition to the Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) existing Hayward fire control storage building in Sawyer County.
- Authority to expand electrical service to as many as 200 state park campsites to meet customer needs, and to perform other work at select sites.
- Authority to plan for the new UW-Platteville Sesquicentennial Hall project.
- Renovations to McMillan Hall restrooms at UW-River Falls.
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The projects that the State Building Commission approved today will maintain and strengthen the delivery of important services and resources to the public,” Governor Walker said. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for their support in moving these important projects forward.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton (R—Chippewa Falls)
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski (R—Marathon)
- State Senator Janis Ringhand (D—Evansville)
- State Representative Rob Swearingen (R—Rhinelander)
- State Representative Terry Katsma (R—Oostberg)
- State Representative Jill Billings (D—La Crosse)