Email address: [email protected]
APRIL 19, 2018 – Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is a grassroots movement of Americans fighting for new and stronger solutions to lax gun laws and loopholes. Since its inception after the tragedy at Sandy Hook School, Moms Demand Action has established a chapter in every state of the country and, along with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and the Everytown Survivor Network, is part of Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than four million supporters.
Mike McCabe is honored to announce he has received their Gun Sense Candidate Distinction for his stands on gun safety.
Responding to questions from the Wisconsin State Journal, Mike went on record supporting 16 steps to address school safety issues and deal with gun violence. As reported, none would stop people from hunting or prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns. They would, however, make schools and communities safer and save lives.
Here are the 16 actions Mike supports:
- Universal background checks
- Ban bump stocks
- Provide more funding for school security
- End state preemption of local gun laws
- Reinstate 48-hour waiting period on gun purchases
- Raise gun purchase age to 21
- Ban high capacity magazines
- Assault weapons ban
- Prohibit those on terrorist watch list from buying guns
- Require firearms dealers to keep weapons locked up prior to sale
- Prohibit those convicted of domestic violence from possessing firearm
- More funding for mental health
- Allow family or police to petition court to take guns from those who pose lethal threat
- Universal law enforcement database allowing for tracing of weapons
- Limit number of firearms that can be purchased at one time and within a month
- Ban armor-piercing bullets except for law enforcement
As the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country, Everytown for Gun Safety’s tens of thousands of volunteers, hundreds of thousands of donors and millions of supporters are dedicated to common sense reforms that protect the 2nd Amendment and also make our communities safer. Mike McCabe’s People Powered Campaign looks forward to partnering with Moms Demand Action and Everytown for Gun Safety in order to create a safer and more productive future for all. For more information on their efforts please visit: www.everytown.org.
For more information on the campaign please visit: www.GovernorBlueJeans.com