Contact: Nick George, President
Dir. of Communications
The November 27 – November 29, 2017 114th annual Midwest Food Products Association convention and 91st Processing Crops Conference at the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin will feature more than 130 exhibitors’ booths displaying the latest in technology and equipment and 30 speakers discussing everything from food safety education, drones in the workplace, to strategies to find and retain talent and water regulations.
WHAT: Midwest Food Products Association Annual Convention and Processing Crops Conference
The 2018 Midwest Food Products Association Annual Convention and Processing Crops Conference is the organization’s premier annual event, bringing together key stakeholders in the food manufacturing industry from the Midwest and beyond.
More than 900 industry and government professionals, representatives from the news media and academia, gather to learn about industry trends and topics. The event includes a membership meeting, speakers, break-out sessions, an industry reception and a silent auction to raise money for the MWFPA Scholarship Fund.
The Processing Crops Conference, held in conjunction with the convention November 27- 28, offers an in-depth look at the raw products side of the food processing industry. Agricultural researchers from the universities of Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin join food processors and seed-industry representatives to hear about the latest developments and research concerning crop-growing challenges in the Midwest.
WHO: Notable speakers include:
- Wednesday, November 28th Breakfast Keynote: Charlie Arnot – The Center for Food Integrity discussing “Why We Love to Hate Big Food – Steps for Restoring Trust.”
- Wednesday, November 28th Luncheon Keynote: Ron Wolf – Former General Manager of the Green Bay Packers
- Wednesday, November 28th: Field-to-Fork Traceability for the Food Industry Based on Blockchain Technology
- Chris Jones, RSM US LLP
- Wednesday, November 28th – Federal & State Food Regulations/Issues
- Denise Bode, Michael Best Strategies
- Thursday, November 29th Breakfast Keynote: Billy Molls – Big game hunting guide and published author, freelance writer, documentary film producer of the award-winning Modern Day Mountain Man video series
- Thursday, November 29th Luncheon Keynote:
- John Branyan – Comedian
- Thursday, November 29th: Active Shooter
- Janet Metzger, Wisconsin Safety Council
MWFPA will also announce its Food Safety Award Winners during the breakfast on Thursday, November 29, 2018 beginning at 7:30 a.m. The award winners are chosen from among those member facilities that demonstrate reductions in workplace accidents
WHEN: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 12:00 Noon- 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Thursday, November 29, 2018, 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: The Kalahari Resort & Convention Center, 1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin 53965
WEBSITE: Additional information regarding MWFPA’s 114th Annual Convention/Expo and 91st Processing Crops Conference can be obtained that the convention website: https://mwfpa.org/mwfpa-convention/
A complete listing of scheduled education sessions can be found at: https://mwfpa.org/mwfpa-convention/convention-schedule-2/