Joette Richards, (262)894-2224
MILWAUKEE, WI – September 19, 2018 – The Milwaukee Press Club is pleased to announce that Gene Mueller, host of Wisconsin’s Morning News for 620 WTMJ Radio has been appointed president and will serve in that role for the next year. Mueller was appointed effective with the membership’s ratification of annual elections to the club’s board of governors at its Annual Meeting September 18th.
Mueller is an entertaining fixture in the Milwaukee radio market, having spent the last 25 years as morning show co-host on WKTI-FM, WTMJ’s former sister station. A native of Sheboygan, he started his radio career at Sheboygan North High School, attended the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point and began his professional radio career at WSPT AM/FM. He came to Milwaukee in 1981 as news director and morning show host of WQFM, and joined WKTI a year later.
James B. Nelson has been named the club’s president-elect. An Appleton native, Nelson is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is a senior hub reporter at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. His work experience includes reporting stints at the Milwaukee Sentinel, Waukesha Freeman, Baraboo News-Republic and Stoughton Courier Hub. Nelson also teaches journalism classes part time at Marquette University. He also serves as a director of the Milwaukee Press Club Endowment Board.
Also elected to the board were:
- H. Carl Mueller, Mueller Communications Inc., Treasurer
- Lori Richards, Mueller Communications Inc., Secretary
- Charles Benson, News/Political Reporter, WTMJ-TV
- Fraser Engerman, Director of Global Media Relations, Johnson Controls
- Corri Hess, Reporter, BizTimes
- Mark Kass, Editor-in-Chief, Milwaukee Business Journal
- Marilyn Krause, Principal, Krause Communications
- Maryann Lazarski, Supervising Producer, Milwaukee PBS
- Cathy Schulze, Client Communications Manager, Dohmen Life Science Services
They join continuing directors:
- Katrina Cravy, Professional Speaker & Publicity Coach, Katrina Cravy, Inc.
- Steve Jagler, Business Editor, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Kathy Mykleby, News Anchor/Reporter, WISN-TV
LaToya Dennis, News Reporter/Producer, WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio, will remain on the board as past-president.