|PLUM CITY – Mel Pittman, a successful dairy farmer and trusted local leader, on Thursday announced a TV ad buy in the final stretch of his campaign for the 31st State Senate.|
The ad, titled “What We Value,” is on the air starting Monday, Oct. 22 on WLAX, WKBT, and WXOW in the La Crosse market and WEUX, WEAU, and WQOW in the Eau Claire market .
“We are reaching voters in every way possible to let them know what values I will bring to Madison. If voters do me the honor of choosing me to represent them, I will fight for our shared values – good jobs, great schools, and access to affordable health care,” Pittman said.
“Most importantly, we have been out in the communities of the district meeting people, knocking on peoples’ doors six days a week. That one-on-one contact with people has been an invaluable and rewarding experience,” Pittman said.
The Pittman campaign’s TV ad buy caps off not only a vigorous grassroots campaign, but also a dominating presence on the airwaves. Pittman has been at saturation on radio since early August discussing our shared values.
Pittman’s ads, including his TV ad, focus on the strong work ethic and problem solving abilities Mel has learned in a lifetime of dairy farming. A 42-year farmer, Pittman has earned the endorsement of the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation.
If elected, Pittman would be the only active farmer in the Wisconsin State Senate.
Pittman is agriculture’s choice because he has a long record as a leader in the agricultural community:
- Own and operate a successful 75 cow dairy farm along with 240 acres of cropland for 42 years (Me-PA-Ni-Tro Dairy Farm, Inc.)
- Recognized as a Wisconsin Master Farmer and Master Agriculturist (2013)
- Dairy Service Award (2010)
- Superior Milk Quality Awards (yearly)
- Dairy Farm Family of the Year Award (1995)
- Service Award from Pierce County Economic Development Corporation (2014)
- National Dairy Quality Award (2017)
- Vice Chairman of WI Farm Technology Days
- Vice Chairman of Hastings Coop Creamery
- Farm Bureau member
- Wisconsin Master Farmers
- Executive Chairman for Pierce County Farm Technology Days (2010)
- Pierce County Farm Bureau Board of Directors (10 years) President (3 years)
- State President of WI Associated County Extension Committees (2012-2014)
- Hiawatha Valley Toastmasters (2011-2014)
- Ag Advisory Council for UW-River Falls (1991-1996)
- Board member and Secretary of Foremost Farms Dairy Cooperative (1994-2006)
Read the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation’s endorsement here