Contact: Aaron White

Phone: 202-225-5506

Rep. Kind toured the Town of Leon in Monroe County with community leaders and Monroe County Law Enforcement

La Crosse – Today, U.S. Rep. Ron Kind toured the Town of Leon in Monroe County with local community leaders and law enforcement to assess the damage caused by recent flooding and severe storms.

“The damage to our homes, businesses, roads and farms is devastating. While the true extent of the destruction is still unknown in many counties, I am encouraged to see a coordinated response by emergency workers and local community leaders to help rebuild and repair our lives and property.

Going forward, I will keep fighting for all available support and resources from state and federal agencies, so we can continue to rebuild our communities.  I also urge Wisconsinites impacted by water or storm damage to contact my office so we can get them connected to the right people to begin the recovery process.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone impacted by this flooding, and with our emergency workers and volunteers that are helping rebuild Wisconsin.”

Damage to homes, crops, roads and train tracks has been reported throughout La Crosse, Monroe, Vernon, Juneau and Adams Counties. Many communities are without power, and have seen record breaking flood levels. Several disaster relief shelters have been set up across western and central Wisconsin counties impacted by flooding and severe storms.

Yesterday, Rep. Ron Kind and Sen. Tammy Baldwin called on President Trump to put the full support of the federal government behind cleanup and recovery efforts in Wisconsin. Additional assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for damage assessments, road and bridge repair assistance from the Department of Transportation (DOT), and farm and crop damage assistance from the Department of Agriculture (USDA) has been requested.

Rep. Kind’s office can help Wisconsinites work with federal agencies after flooding and severe weather. More information can be found by calling toll-free: 1-888-442-8040 or by visiting  Residents are also encouraged to report home damage by calling 211, or their county emergency management offices. Farmers should report crop damage to the Farm Service Agency.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email