Toft campaign: Ron Kind votes against medical innovation

Todd McClain – Chief of Staff
719-629-8930

First-time candidate Steve Toft continues to highlight the dreadful voting record of Ron Kind

Osseo, WI – Continuing to point out the disastrous voting record of career politician Ron Kind, Steve Toft reminded voters that Kind voted against repealing the medical device tax. Last week, 57 Democrats voted with he GOP majority to repeal the excise tax that is depressing innovation. HR 184 – Protect Medical Innovation Act passed the house 283-132 on July 24th.

“Ron Kind has simply given up even trying to pretend that he is bipartisan in any way,” said Toft. “Vote after vote, Kind simply votes with Nancy Pelosi and refuses to even consider straying from the party line. The people of the 3rd deserve a representative who will think for themselves and do what is right for the district.”

Further examination of Kind’s finance report showed that only 23% of his contributions this cycle were from individuals. The remaining 77% came from PACs and special interests.

“Kind is more interested in keeping his Washington friends happy and lining his pockets with special interest money,” continued Kind. “He thinks his DC money can buy this election but the people of the 3rd know better than to buy what Washington is selling. Career politicians like Ron Kind are more interested in getting re-elected than doing what is right for their constituents.”

Toft grew up on a farm in West Central Wisconsin, graduated from UW-Eau Claire and returned to Osseo after retirement. While serving 32 years in the Army, Toft served as a health care administrator. He lives there with his wife of 28 years Carla, together they have two grown children. His wife Carla also retired with rank of Colonel.

SHARE