Contact: Austin Altenburg
Ad also appearing on digital platforms features governor and Wisconsin workers
[Madison, Wis.] – Gov. Scott Walker’s campaign on Tuesday launched its next statewide television ad highlighting the governor’s investments in worker training and support for good manufacturing jobs to help the people of Wisconsin win the 21st century.
The ad – which will also appear on digital platforms – features Tim and Jeremy, who are both employees at Weldall Manufacturing in Waukesha. Through Gov. Walker’s Wisconsin Fast Forward program, the state has invested millions of dollars to help build our already world-renowned workforce and win the 21st century. The investments come in the form of worker training and targeted incentives in an effort to connect those interested in furthering themselves with opportunities in high-demand fields and family-sustaining careers.
You can watch the ad, entitled “Providing a Leg Up” here. The ad begins:
Tim: I started a welding and fabrication apprenticeship right after high school.
Jeremy: I started from the bottom and worked my way up with an apprenticeship from a technical college.
Tim: Training gave us the skills we needed for good-paying jobs.
Jeremy: That’s why Governor Walker’s support for technical training and the Fast Forward program is so important.
Tim: Yeah, it gives us a leg up.
Gov. Walker: Wisconsin is working. This year our unemployment rate hit an all-time low, and we’ve invested over $200 million to train workers in the jobs we’re helping to create.
The spot will run on television as well as on a range of online and social media platforms. It’s the third in a series of ads the Walker campaign is running on the governor’s strong record of getting positive things done and his plans for more bold reform to keep moving Wisconsin forward.
See below for more information on Gov. Walker’s Fast Forward program:
- Governor Walker’s reforms helped balance the state budget and turn Wisconsin’s economy around, leading to more people working than ever before and enabling the state to focus on investments in priorities like workforce training.
- In 2013, Governor Walker signed into law the bipartisan Wisconsin Fast Forward program – assisting hundreds of employers and thousands of employees with addressing the skills gap.
- Governor Walker has invested more than $200 million in state funds for workforce development, including $30 million in Wisconsin Fast Forward grants to Wisconsin employers for customized skills training to fill current job openings and ongoing skill requirements.
- In his latest budget, Gov. Walker increased funding for the program by $11.5 million, renewing his commitment to the program.
- The Wisconsin Fast Forward program is helping connect people like Tim and Jeremy with family-sustaining careers across Wisconsin, boosting technical schools and other facilities with investments that benefit specific programs as well as the institutions overall.
The Wisconsin Comeback is real, and the Wisconsin Fast Forward program is contributing to the state’s success. The results of Governor Walker’s bold conservative reforms and targeted investments speak for themselves:
- Wisconsin has record-low unemployment at 2.9%, down from 9.3% when Democrats controlled state government.
- With more than 3 million Wisconsinites working, there are more people working in the state than ever before.
- The percentage of adults in Wisconsin’s workforce – our labor force participation rate – is top 5 in the nation.
- Wisconsin has the #1 ranked economy in the Midwest according to Business Insider.