For more information, contact:
Verona Road Project Communications Manager
(608) 884-1230 | [email protected]
As a reminder, a major traffic switch is planned for this weekend – May 18-20 – on Verona Road (US 18/151) in Fitchburg. Please take time and forward this email to family, friends and co-workers who travel this area, and encourage them to sign up for Verona Road Project email updates! You can also watch the traffic switch video with others.
- The traffic switch and weekend lane closures will begin at 6 p.m. Friday (May 18) until Sunday afternoon (May 20).
- 6 p.m. Friday – 10 a.m. Saturday (May 18-19) – Northbound Verona Road
- 8 p.m. Friday – 10 a.m. Saturday (May 18-19) – Southbound Verona Road
- 5 p.m. Saturday – 10 a.m. Sunday (May 19-20) – Southbound Verona Road
- 8 p.m. Saturday – 10 a.m. Sunday (May 19-20) – Northbound Verona Road
- Noise is anticipated at the County PD, Williamsburg Way and Raymond Road intersections.
- Turn lanes at the County PD, Williamsburg Way and Raymond Road intersections will be restricted at various times throughout the weekend.
- Backups and delays are expected, and motorists are urged to plan ahead and allow extra time to reach destinations within the work zone.
- Access will remain open to area businesses and neighborhoods.
- Alternate routes are strongly recommended for drivers traveling through the area, such as the signed alternate route of County M and US 14.
- Delays are also anticipated in the morning of Monday (May 21) as drivers adjust to the new Verona Road traffic configurations.
- Commuters are advised to plan additional time to travel through the work zone.
- Please be alert for crews and equipment in these areas, and drive with caution through all work zones.
- Note: These work operations are weather dependent and subject to change,
Once this shift is completed, northbound Verona Road will travel on the newly completed interchange ramps. Southbound Verona Road will use the current northbound lanes. Speed limits will also be reduced to 40 mph in the area. Please be patient and don’t tailgate!