Contact: Alec Zimmerman
Republicans set to gather in Milwaukee for 2018 convention
[Madison, WI] — This coming Friday, Republicans from every corner of the state will gather in Milwaukee to celebrate our record of delivering results for hard-working Wisconsin families. Together, elected leaders and grassroots conservatives will organize to keep moving Wisconsin forward. The Republican Party of Wisconsin released the following statement from Chairman Brad Courtney:
“Republican reforms have Wisconsin working again, and we are excited to feature our optimistic message of real results at convention this year. Thanks to Governor Scott Walker, Speaker Paul Ryan, and our leaders from every corner of the state, Republicans have a great record to run on this fall. Convention is a time to come together and organize around our bold reforms. Together, Republicans are ready to keep moving Wisconsin forward.”
Governor Walker is moving Wisconsin forward
- With the reforms of Governor Scott Walker, Wisconsin’s unemployment rate is at the all-time low and more people are working than ever before in state history.
- Companies like Foxconn are making historic investments in our state, bringing with them thousands of new, good-paying, family-supporting jobs for hard-working Wisconsin families.
- On top of that, Governor Walker is increasing investment into worker training, and Wisconsin is putting more actual dollars into our K-12 classrooms than ever before.
It’s time to replace Senator Tammy Baldwin
- Senator Baldwin is picking Washington over Wisconsin, pushing out-of-touch liberal policies like government-run health care that could cost $32 trillion.
- Baldwin put Washington first when she voted against Presidents Trump’s massive tax cuts that save the typical family of four in Wisconsin over $2,500.
- Baldwin recently decided to play Washington political games by opposing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s confirmation – despite his nomination receiving bipartisan support.