Mount Pleasant, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) and its construction manager, Gilbane | Exyte today announced sixteen additional prime contract awards under Bid Release 5a/5b/5c for construction work at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park. The new awards carry a total contract value of more than $83 million. The most recent round of awards brings the total value of construction contracts awarded for work at the Park to well in excess of $250 million.
“Foxconn is pleased to be making another significant investment in the construction of North America’s first and only TFT-LCD advanced manufacturing facility,” said Nelson Liu, General Manager of Foxconn’s Gen 6 Fab construction project. “After beginning vertical construction last month, we’re thrilled to be continuing our progress at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park as we work towards our planned operational date next year.”
The awards come as Foxconn completes precast panel installation on the company’s 1 million square foot advanced manufacturing facility. Foxconn announced the start of vertical construction in August and has since completed the installation of more than 400 precast panels, utilizing two crews to install an average of 32 panels per day.
New contracts announced as part of Enclosure and Related Work Bid Package 5a/5b/5c include:
- Materials Testing Civil Work: Giles Engineering Inc., Waukesha, WI
- Concrete Slab on Grade and Slab on Deck Work: CD Smith Construction, Fond Du Lac, WI
- Masonry Work FAB: CD Smith Construction, Fond Du Lac, WI
- Miscellaneous Metals and Stairs Work: Badger Railing, Milwaukee WI
- Structural Studs, Sheathing and Exterior Carpentry Work: Thorne Associates, Chicago, IL (Thorne Associates has partnered with Hetzel – Sanfilippo, Inc. of Pewaukee, WI and JCP Construction of Milwaukee, WI)
- Roofing Work: CLS Racine LLC, Racine, WI (CLS Racine is a tri-venture between Carlson Racine Roofing & Sheetmetal of Racine WI, Langer Roofing and Sheetmetal of Milwaukee, WI, and SRS Roofing & Sheetmetal of Waterford, WI)
- Curtainwall, Translucent Panels, Metal Panels and Barrier Work: Crown Corr Inc, Gary, IN (Crown Corr has partnered with Construction Supply and Erecting of Milwaukee, WI)
- Signage Northeast Masterplan: Poblocki Sign Company LLC, West Allis, WI
- Overhead Doors and Loading Dock Equipment: Arbon Equipment Northcentral, Milwaukee, WI
- Site Lighting for FAB and Northeast Masterplan: Aldridge Electric Inc, Waukesha, WI
- Telecommunication and Electrical Ductbank Work: Aldridge Electric Inc, Waukesha, WI
- Site Concrete for FAB Work: A.W. Oakes & Son, Inc, Racine, WI
- Asphalt Paving for FAB Work: Payne & Dolan Inc, Kenosha, WI
- Landscaping Work for FAB and Northeast Master Plan: Hoffman Construction Company, Black River Falls, WI
- Excavation and Storm Water Work FAB Civil: Edgerton–Peterson JV LLC (Edgerton-Peterson is a joint venture between Edgerton Contractors Inc of Oak Creek, WI and James Peterson Son, Inc of Medford, WI)
- Site Utilities Work FAB Civil: Edgerton–Peterson JV LLC (Edgerton-Peterson is a joint venture between Edgerton Contractors Inc of Oak Creek, WI and James Peterson Son, Inc of Medford, WI)
All awarded prime contractors are committed to the Wisconsin First program established for the construction of the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park. Mobilization for this work is currently underway.
Foxconn Technology Group also recently announced the selection of Mortenson to serve as Construction Manager for additional projects at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, including the construction of a 260,000-square-foot Smart Manufacturing Center (SMC) and a High-Performance Computing Data Center (HPCDC). Gilbane | Exyte has been retained as the Program Coordinator for these two Foxconn Technology Group Projects.
Companies interested in receiving information regarding ongoing bid opportunities with Gilbane | Exyte for ongoing work on Foxconn’s advanced manufacturing facility and Power Substation are encouraged to visit wisconnvalley.wi.gov and to register at https://foxconn-construction.
Businesses interested in applying for competitive bids packages with Mortenson for SMC and HPCDC projects are asked to visit wisconnvalley.wi.gov for upcoming opportunities and to register at https://bit.ly/2k9Qn5V