As part of its continuing effort to encourage in-depth analysis of the most important issues of the day, the Milwaukee Press Club is pleased to present its next Behind the Headlines topic.
The UW system is making national headlines as many of its schools deal with falling enrollment, declining tuition dollars and budget deficits that have some campuses considering transformations that include the loss of long-standing humanities programs and possible mission changes.
What: System officials, students and faculty members will answer questions from a panel of local journalists about how affected schools deal with a changing education landscape.
When: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Lake Express Ferry Terminal
2330 S Lincoln Memorial Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53207
The perspectives on the topic panel will be represented by the following invited guests (listed alphabetically):
- Ray Cross, President, University of Wisconsin System
- Alyssa Molinski, President, Student Association, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Mark Mone, Chancellor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Kristian O’Connor, Ph.D., Professor; Chair, University Committee, University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
The guests will answer questions from the media panel and from the audience.
- Dave Edwards, Director/General Manager, WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio
- Annysa Johnson, Reporter, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- John Torinus, Op-Ed Writer, Urban Milwaukee; Chairman, Serigraph, Inc.
Newsradio 620 WTMJ & ESPN Milwaukee, part of Good Karma Brands
Hosted by: Lake Express
Cost and Registration:
The cost to attend is $20 for MPC members, $25 for non-members and $15 for students. Lunch is included. Seating will be limited. Advanced registration and payment are required and may be done online at www.milwaukeepressclub.org. Checks may be mailed to the MPC at PO Box 176, North Prairie, WI 53153-0176.
Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Please contact Joette Richards at the Milwaukee Press Club with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-894-2224.