Andy Nelson, Media Manager
Email: [email protected]
MILWAUKEE – The first day of school for MPS schools on the traditional calendar is Tuesday, September 3. The District will welcome back thousands of students, mainly elementary schools, to kick off the new school year. Media are invited to the official celebration of the first day of school at Milwaukee Parkside School for the Arts.
Students will walk the red carpet into school around 8:40 a.m. and will be cheered on by city and state leaders, parents, teachers, Superintendent Dr. Keith Posley, members of the Milwaukee Board of School Directors, MPS staff, and MTEA members. After students have made their grand entrance, Dr. Posley will hold a press conference at approximately 9:15 a.m. in the school library to kick off the upcoming school year.
Scheduled to speak are:
- Superintendent Dr. Keith Posley
- Governor Tony Evers
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction Carolyn Stanford Taylor
- Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales
- Milwaukee Board of School Directors Megan O’Halloran
- MTEA President Amy Mizialko
Tuesday, September 3; 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Milwaukee Parkside School for the Arts
2969 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53207
Park in the school parking lot (entrance on East Manitoba Street).
The District remains committed to the Five Priorities for Success:
- Increasing academic achievement and accountability
- Improving district and school culture
- Developing our staff
- Ensuring fiscal responsibility and transparency
- Strengthening communication and collaboration