Public Service Commission of Wisconsin
Hill Farms State Office Building*
PSC Hearing Room S105, 1st Floor**
4822 Madison Yards Way
*This building is physically accessible for individuals with disabilities.
If you need reasonable accommodations due to a disability, please contact the Commission at P.O. Box 7854 Madison WI 53707-7854 or at (608) 266-1265.
**Please note change in location. Those attending the open meeting will need to check-in at the security desk at the employee entrance directly across from the parking structure. As the location is now in publicly accessible space on the first floor, you may then go directly to the PSC Hearing Room without obtaining a visitor access badge.
Open Meeting Agenda for Thursday, February 7, 2019, at 10:30 a.m.
1. Minutes of the open meeting of Thursday, January 31, 2019
2. 5880-CW-104 – Application of the City of Thorp, as a Water Public Utility, for Authority to
Construct Improvements to the West Water Treatment Plant, in the City of Thorp, Clark
County, Wisconsin (proposed notice of investigation)
3. 5230-AF-100 – St Croix Valley Natural Gas Company, Inc. – Request to Capitalize an Aid-
to-Construction Payment (proposed notice of investigation)
4. 4220-TE-103 – Application of Northern States Power Company – Wisconsin, as an Electric
Public Utility, for Approval to Implement a Residential Load Management Program
(proposed notice of investigation)
5. 11043-TI-101 – Request of Viasat Carrier Services, Inc. for a Waiver of Wis. Admin. Code § PSC 160.13(5)(b) Regarding the Minimum Size of the Area in which a Provider May Be
Designated as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (suggested minute) (BR/PJ
memorandum of 1/28/2019)
6. 6770-TI-102 – Request of Wood County Telephone Company, d/b/a Solarus, for a Waiver of Wis. Admin. Code § PSC 160.13(5)(b) Regarding the Minimum Size of the Area in which a Provider May Be Designated as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier
CLOSED SESSION – The Commission may recess the open meeting, go into closed session
under Wis. Stat. § 19.85(1)(g) to discuss the litigation matters noted below with legal counsel, and reconvene the open meeting pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 19.85(2).
7. Association of Businesses Advocating Tariff Equity. v. Midcontinent Indep. Sys. Operator,
165 FERC ¶ 61,118 (2018) (MISO Briefing Order on FERC Dockets EL14-12 and EL15-45)
MISO Return on Equity Request for Briefing (suggested minute) (CT/EB memorandum of