(Brown County, Wis.) – As Brown County continues to experience increases in confirmed Coronavirus cases, Brown County Executive Troy Streckenbach is thanking Governor Tony Evers for offering Department of Health Services expertise, support, and commitment to testing supplies in this ongoing pandemic.
“I want to thank Governor Evers for reaching out to me and offering his support in coming to the aid of Brown County,” says Streckenbach. “I have continually requested the supplies needed to effectively deal with this crisis, and we are now getting the resources we need to keep our community safe.”
Brown County is actively working with officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) as part of our overall response strategy.
In order to meet Governor Evers’ “Badger Bounce Back” plan, County Executive Streckenbach is asking local businesses to do their part in order to reopen, including ensuring the safety of its employees and customers by adhering to federal, state, and local health guidelines in the workplace.
Brown County is urging everyone to protect themselves from COVID-19 by taking the following steps:
- Stay at home as much as possible, especially if you are sick.
- Avoid all public and private gatherings.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Wear a mask when in public, while also avoiding touching your face, eyes, and mouth.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.