The City of Madison Clerk’s Office encourages voters who have moved since they last voted to update their voter registration now. Voters registered before Election Day are included in the poll book.
Voters may verify their registration at myvote.wi.gov. Eligible voters who have a Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin ID card may register to vote completely online using the MyVote website as long as they update their address with the DMV first.
Otherwise, voters may start the voter registration process at myvote.wi.gov, print out the registration form, and mail it to the Clerk’s Office with proof of address. Voter registration is also available at the Clerk’s Office in the City-County Building.
Proof of address may be electronic. Any of the following documents can be used to prove your address as long the name and address on the document correspond to the name and address on the voter registration form:
- Utility bill issued in the last 90 days (water, gas, electric, phone, cable, or internet)
- Bank statement (bank, credit union, credit card, mortgage statement)
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license/ID
- Government document (federal, state, county, municipal, tribal, UW, Madison College, or public school)
- Residential lease effective on day of registration (can only be used for in-person registration)
- Affidavit from a social service agency providing services to the homeless
- Contract or intake document from a nursing home or residential care facility
Voter registration is also available at the polls on Election Day with proof of address.