Ahead of Children’s Mental Health Awareness day tomorrow, May 7, Office of Children’s Mental Health Director Linda Hall today announces the publication of a new fact sheet focused on prioritizing children’s mental health in Wisconsin and how our communities can do that.
- Almost half of high school students in Wisconsin are feeling anxious
- A child typically experiences symptoms of emotional distress for 11 years before receiving treatment
- Minorities are more likely to delay or stop treatment as a result of geographic or insurance barriers
- Parents can watch for anxiety symptoms
- Policymakers can consider the significant impact that social determinants of health have on mental well-being
See the fact sheet.
See previous fact sheets.