MADISON, Wis. – Due to public health advisories, the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board (NRB) will meet virtually for the October board meeting to consider donations, the adoption of Emergency Board Order WA-06-20(E) which was postponed from the Aug. 12, 2020 meeting, preliminary public hearing and comment period authorization, scope statements and land items.
The virtual meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, from State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 S. Webster St., Madison, Wisconsin. Although the public will not be allowed to watch the meeting in-person from GEF 2 due to public health advisories, the public can view the October board meeting by livestream.
Remote testimony is welcome. The submission deadline for remote public appearance requests and written comments for the October meeting is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2020.
The board will consider the following adoption:
- Postponed from Aug. 12, 2020: Adoption request of Emergency Board Order WA-06-20(E), proposed rules creating chapter NR 159 related to regulating fire fighting foam that contains certain contaminants.
The board will consider approval of statements of scope for seven items, including:
- Proposed rules for Board Order CF-12-19 affecting chapter NR 162 related to the Clean Water Fund Loan Program;
- Proposed rules for Board Order CF-13-19 affecting chapter NR 166 related to the Safe Drinking Water Loan Program;
- Proposed rules for Board Order WM-11-20 affecting chapter NR12 related to revising white-tailed deer 3-year deer management unit boundaries; and
- Proposed rules for Board Order FH-10-20 and Emergency Board Order FH-12-20(E) for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 20 and 25, related to fish harvest in Lake Superior.
The board will additionally consider several approval requests, including:
- Land Acquisition – Governor Earl Peshtigo River State Forest – Marinette County; and
- Two easement acquisitions and four land donations.
The complete October board agenda is available on the DNR website here.
New this month: The public is encouraged to watch the Board meeting via Zoom Webinar at: https://zoom.us/j/93933332841
Or iPhone one-tap: US: +13017158592,,93933332841# or +13126266799,,93933332841#
Or Telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 Webinar ID: 939 3333 2841
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/aqldoFuKA
If the Zoom Webinar is at capacity and you cannot join, please view the Simulcast at: https://dnrmedia.wi.gov/
You may also visit the NRB agenda webpage on the DNR website and click “NRB webcasts” under the “Related Links” column on the right side of the page. From there, click on this month’s meeting. After each board meeting, the webcast will be available on demand.