For more information, contact:
Steven Theisen, WisDOT Project Communications Manager
(608) 884-1230, [email protected]
Drivers with destinations in Janesville, or traveling to Milton/Fort Atkinson, must use Exit 171B.
Concrete paving work has begun for the new I-39/90 northbound lanes between the US 14 and WIS 26 interchanges in Janesville. To accommodate the paving operations, the following ramps will be closed for three months starting 12 a.m. Monday (April 20) until mid-July 2020 (see attached map).
- I-39/90 northbound ramp to WIS 26/Milton Avenue (Exit 171A) – Beloit to Janesville/Milton/Fort Atkinson
- Drivers with destinations in Janesville, or traveling to Milton/Fort Atkinson, must use Exit 171B.
- The WIS 11/Racine Street interchange (Exit 175) will also remain open.
- US 14 ramp to I-39/90 northbound – Janesville to Madison
- Use WIS 26/Milton Avenue to merge onto the northbound Interstate.
In addition, one lane will be closed from 12 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday on I-39/90 northbound near these Janesville interchanges. Slowdowns may occur through this area and drivers should consider alternate routes.
Also, late next week, the I-39/90 northbound ramp to US 14/Humes Road (Exit 171B) will shift onto the new concrete pavement. Motorists should be alert to the new exit ramp location, prior to the lane crossover, and follow highway signage.
I-39/90 remains open to two lanes in each direction during daytime hours and weekends. Nightly single lane closures occur on the Interstate weeknights from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. within the construction project limits.
All lane restrictions, ramp closures, and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change. Motorists are reminded to be alert and drive with caution in all work zones.