Contact: Senator Devin LeMahieu 608-266-2056
Madison – Today, Senate Majority Leader-elect Devin LeMahieu (R-Oostburg) announced his Senate staff for the 2021-22 Session of the Legislature. Sen. LeMahieu released the following statement:
“I am excited to announce my staff for the upcoming session. This team’s combined skills and experience will be a tremendous asset not only the residents of 9th Senate District but also to our expanded Senate Republican Majority.”
IN-COMING SENATE MAJORITY LEADER’S OFFICE:
– Jennifer Malcore, Chief of Staff: Green Bay native and UW-Green Bay graduate, Jenny has over 15 years of state and local government experience including a stint as the chief of staff to Co-Chair of Joint Finance, Rep. John Nygren. She worked extensively on the HOPE agenda legislation and played a key leadership role in driving Wisconsin’s efforts to fight opioid overdose deaths, including prescription drugs and heroin. She also served in the Walker Administration as DHS Assistant Deputy Secretary. Jenny is returning to the Legislature to serve the Majority Leader as chief of staff.
– Ashley Czaja, Deputy Chief of Staff: Ashley has worked in the Legislature since 2015 with Senator LeMahieu, previously serving as Committee Clerk for Utilities and Election and his lead JFC budget staff during the 2019-21 state budget. Ashley will continue to serve the Majority Leader in her expanded role as deputy chief of staff.
– Adam Gibbs, Communications Director: Adam has worked in the Legislature since 2011, including work with then-Rep. Steve Nass, Sen. Glenn Grothman, and Sen. Frank Lasee guiding over 50 bills into law with a focus on structural reforms of state government. Most recently, Adam served as chief of staff and communications director to Senator David Craig. Adam joins the Majority Leader as communications director.
– Nathan Schwanz, Budget Advisor: Nathan previously worked for Rep. John Nygren as his chief of staff guiding the 2017-19 and 2019-21 state budgets. Prior to working for Rep. Nygren, he served in the State Budget Office in the Walker Administration and worked for former Congressman Sean Duffy. Nathan will advise the Majority Leader on the state budget and other legislative and policy work.
– Craig Summerfield, Policy Advisor: Craig has 14 years of experience working in the Legislature previously serving as a Policy Advisor to Speaker Robin Vos. He has worked for Senator LeMahieu since 2015 focusing on tax and government reform policy including the REINS Act and other pro-growth tax reforms. Craig will serve as a key policy advisor for the Majority Leader.
– Brian Radday, Policy Advisor: Brian has worked in the legislature since 2015 including stints with Speaker Pro-Tempore Tyler August and most recently with Senator LeMahieu as his committee clerk for the Committee on Utilities and Housing. Brian has guided legislation signed by both Governor Walker and Governor Evers. Brian will serve the Majority Leader as a key policy advisor.
– Erin Karow, Constituent Relations & Appointments Director: Erin previously served in the Walker Administration within the appointments department from 2016-17, where she helped identify qualified candidates for over 200 gubernatorial appointed boards, councils and commissions. Erin also served within DSPS from 2017-19 as an Executive Director, overseeing the regulatory policy and board procedures for over 20 examining boards and councils. She began working as a legislative aide for Senator LeMahieu in 2019 and will continue her service.