La Crosse, WI – Today, Rep. Ron Kind released a report of his legislative and casework accomplishments in 2020.
“This year has been particularly tough for all of us, but in Congress, I continued to work across the aisle to find commonsense solutions to the problems Wisconsinites have faced and continue to face. It’s important to me to be transparent with constituents and let them know how I’m serving them, and with this report, I hope to accomplish just that,” said Rep. Ron Kind. “As communities across Wisconsin continue to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, I want to remind folks that my office is here to help. If you need assistance with a federal agency – like the IRS or the Social Security Administration – don’t hesitate to reach out. We will always do our best to provide you with a fair and timely response to your problem.”
Accomplishments for Constituents
- Respond to 37,500 emails, calls, and letters from constituents
- Resolved 650 constituents’ cases
- Brought $10,673,563 in federal grants to the district
- Recovered $1,389,230 for constituents
- Saved taxpayers $131,171.89 by cutting office spending, totaling more than $2,000,000 in his time in office.
- Held 16 tele-town halls, attended by over 37,000 people
- Passed 15 bills through both the House and Senate and into law
- Introduced 53 bills
- Cosponsored 433 pieces of legislation
- Ranked 7th most bipartisan Member of Congress, 1st in the Wisconsin Delegation
To share feedback, ask a question, or get help, contact Rep. Kind by calling toll-free at 1-888-442-8040 or by visiting his website, kind.house.gov.