(WISCONSIN) — Today, ahead of Trump’s rally in Mosinee (Marathon County), Wisconsin, WI-7 congressional candidate Tricia Zunker, Dairy Farmer and Lincoln County Board Supervisor Hans Breitenmoser Jr., small business owner Sarah Bruch, and occupational therapist Tammy Moothedan will hold a video press conference calling out Donald Trump for his failed COVID-19 response which is forcing small businesses across the state to shutter and wrecking Wisconsin’s economy. Small businesses form the backbone of local economies all across Wisconsin and are vital to the well-being of the Badger state, making up 99% of its economy.
WHAT: A video press call ahead of Trump’s visit to Mosinee, Wisconsin.
WHO: Tricia Zunker, Candidate for Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District
Hans Breitenmoser Jr, Dairy Farmer and Lincoln County Board Supervisor
Sarah Bruch, owner of The Purple Tree (bookstore), Hudson, WI
Tammy Moothedan, occupational therapist
WHEN: TODAY, September 17, 10:30 AM CT
WHERE: Register here.
- The Marathon County Health Department has a COVID dashboard in which they encourage social distancing and note that COVID-19 activity in Marathon County is “High, showing a significant increase in cases in the past two weeks.”
- Marathon County’s positive cases are steadily increasing and yesterday hit a record high of 925 cases.
- In October of 2018, Trump visited Mosinee, stating: TRUMP: “…here in Wisconsin, manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest pace in more than 23 years.” [Donald Trump, Mosinee WI, 24/10/18]
- Wisconsin was bleeding manufacturing jobs before COVID-19 hit, but since the pandemic struck, thousands of Wisconsin factory workers have lost their jobs.
- A year later, after repeated attempts to repeal protections for people with pre-existing conditions, Trump proclaimed: “Republicans want to create better health care through more choice, lower drug prices — and you will see, very soon, drug prices will go plunging downward. You wait, you watch. It’s all in motion.” [Trump Campaign Rally, Mosinee, 10/2019]
- Just today, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany refused to share any details of what Trump’s health plan is, building on top of the administration’s refusal to offer or support legislation that would cut medical costs for Wisconsinites.