|MADISON— Today, 12 current and former Wisconsin state legislators endorsed Lieutenant Governor Mandela Barnes for United States Senate.
“I’m so proud to have these leaders standing with me in this fight to beat Ron Johnson and change the game in the United States Senate,” said Mandela Barnes. “Together, with their help, I know we can make health care accessible and affordable, create good-paying jobs for every Wisconsinite, and tackle the climate crisis that threatens communities in every corner of our state. In the Senate, I will never stop partnering with these community leaders to create opportunity for everyone in Wisconsin – no matter what zip code they come from.”
The endorsements come as Mandela Barnes continues to build a diverse, statewide coalition to beat Ron Johnson in the opening weeks of his campaign. They join Congresswoman Gwen Moore, State Senator Chris Larson, Dane County Executive Joe Parisi, mayors from across Wisconsin, Collective PAC, Democracy for America, MoveOn, the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, and the Working Families Party in their endorsement of Barnes.
FULL LIST OF LEGISLATORS ENDORSING MANDELA BARNES FOR SENATE:
- Rep. Jimmy Anderson – Fitchburg
- Rep. Mark Spreitzer – Beloit
- Rep. Tod Ohnstad – Kenosha
- Rep. Marisabel Cabrera – Milwaukee
- Rep. Christine Sinicki – Milwaukee
- Rep. Daniel Riemer – Milwaukee
- Rep. Supreme Moore Omokunde – Milwaukee
- Rep. Jonathan Brostoff – Milwaukee
- Sen. Chris Larson – Milwaukee
- Sen. Tim Carpenter – Milwaukee
- Fmr. Rep. Sandy Pasch
- Fmr. Rep. Fred Kessler