WEST ALLIS, WIS. – Dr. Cliff Hartmann, a pediatric dentist in New Berlin, was sworn in as president of the 3,100-member Wisconsin Dental Association at the organization’s 151st House of Delegates, which was held in Brookfield on Nov. 12 and 13. Dr. Hartmann will serve as president until November 2022.
Dr. Hartmann graduated from Marquette University School of Dentistry (MUSoD) and also completed his pediatric training there. He is an active staff member at Children’s Wisconsin and teaches in the MUSoD Department of Pediatric Dentistry. He served on the WDA Committee for the Dental Home Initiative from 2007-09 and 2011-12, and he represented the Southeast Region on the WDA Board of Trustees from 2012-18.
Dr. Hartmann was a recipient of the 2009 Pyramid of Pride President’s Award of Honor for the WDA Dental Home Initiative. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the Wisconsin Society of Pediatric Dentists. He is a fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD), American College of Dentists (ACD) and the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Other 2021-22 leaders sworn in at the WDA House include:
- President-Elect Dr. Chris Johnson, a general dentist in Eau Claire. Dr. Johnson has served as an ADA 9th District Delegate since 2015, on the WDA Board of Trustees since 2014, and has been a member of the WDA Legislative, Membership Development, Long Range Planning, Executive, Finance and WIDPAC committees. He is an ICD and ACD member, and has been an active volunteer in his community and charitable dental programs such as the WDA Foundation’s Donated Dental Services and Mission of Mercy clinic.
- Vice President Dr. Chris Hansen, a general dentist in Two Rivers. Dr. Hansen has been an active member of the WDA Legislative Committee and Wisconsin Dental Political Action Committee for over 10 years, serving as chair of the WIDPAC committee from 2013-2019. He also served as the ADA Region 9 American Dental Political Action Committee representative from 2017-2019. He has been a WDA Region 2 Trustee since 2015, served on the Finance, Long Range Planning, and Executive board committees, served as a delegate to the ADA House of Delegates from 2015-2020, and was president of the Manitowoc Calumet County Dental Society from 1996-1998. He is a MUSoD graduate and a fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy, the ICD and ACD.
- Immediate Past-President Dr. Paula Crum, a periodontist in Green Bay. Dr. Crum is a graduate of the MUSoD and the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry, where she received her Certificate in Periodontics and Master of Science Degree. She has served on the WDA’s Ethics and Dental Relations, Legislative Advocacy, Finance, House Reference, Strategic Planning, Executive and Long Range Planning committees, and represented the Northeast Region on the WDA Board of Trustees since 2014. She is a fellow of the Pierre Fauchard Academy and member of the ICD and ACD.
- Treasurer Dr. John R. Moser, a general dentist practicing in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward. He is also an adjunct professor in the Department of General Dental Sciences at MUSoD. A Greater Milwaukee Dental Association past-president and former Greater Milwaukee Region Trustee, Dr. Moser was first appointed to the treasurer’s post in 2007.
- Editor Dr. Ryan Dulde, a general dentist in Eagle. Dr. Dulde has completed the third year of a four-year term. He is a MUSoD graduate and served on the WDA Communications Committee for multiple years before serving as chair in 2018. He is a fellow of the ACD and a member of the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
- Speaker of the House Dr. Monica Hebl, a general dentist in Milwaukee. Dr. Hebl is a graduate of MUSoD and has been widely involved at all levels of organized dentistry. She has served as Speaker of the WDA House of Delegates since 2015, but also as president in 2008 and on numerous committees. She has represented the ADA as a delegate from 1999-2014 and 2016-19, and holds membership in the ICD, ACD and Pierre Fauchard Academy.
WDA Trustees recently re-elected or new to the board include:
- Dr. Jeremy Hoffman, a general dentist in Weston. He was elected to represent Region 1 – Northwest for his first three-year term.
- Dr. Cheska Avery-Stafford, a general dentist practicing in Waukegan, IL and residing in Milwaukee. She was re-elected to represent Region 3 – Greater Milwaukee for her second full term.
- Dr. Rachel Steele, a general dentist in Black River Falls. She was re-elected to represent Region 5 – Southwest for her second full term.
- Dr. Maria Barnes, a general dentist in Racine. Dr. Barnes was appointed by the WDA President in April of this year to serve as a Region 4 trustee completing Dr. Brian Watkin’s term after his sudden passing. She was elected as an at-large trustee for her first three-year term.
- Mr. Drake Lindholm, a D3 student at Marquette University School of Dentistry. He was elected by ASDA to represent our Student Region 6 for a one-year term.