MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet in-person for the October board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, management and master plans, land items and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2021, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, at the State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 South Webster Street, Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
The public is encouraged to watch the October board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel.
The deadline to register for remote public appearance requests and to submit written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021. There will be no in-person public appearances.
During the October meeting, the Board will be considering:
- Approval of brief of action from Aug. 11, 2021
- Approval of hunting and trapping prohibitions on 9.8 acres to be purchased with Knowles-Nelson Stewardship grant funds for the Ice Age Trail, Town of New Hope, Portage County
- Statement of Scope, public hearing notice of submittal of proposed rules related to Wisconsin DNR property management regulations
- Statement of Scope, public hearing notice of submittal of proposed rules related to nitrogen compound emissions regulations
- Proposed rules to revise chapters NR 500, 502 and 520 and create chapter NR 530 for the purpose of implementing electronics recycling program requirements
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 20 related to lake trout harvest and season in Lake Michigan
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 25 related to Lake Michigan whitefish management
- Proposed rules affecting chapters NR 19-23 and 26 related to minor changes to fishing regulations on inland, outlying and boundary waters
- Proposed rules affecting chapter NR 10 related to establishing the 2021 migratory bird season framework and regulations
- Statement of Scope, public hearing notice of submittal of proposed rules related to Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 102 related to site-specific phosphorus criteria for Lac Courte Oreilles
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming October meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comments about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.