Starting Tuesday (October 5), I-39/90 southbound drivers heading to westbound US 12/18 (Beltline) – Exit 142 A in Madison must watch for the new, temporary exit ramp location one mile in advance of the current location.
- Motorists exiting from the southbound Interstate to the westbound Beltline must keep right and enter the dedicated lanes after passing under the Dane County AB / Buckeye Road overpass.
- I-39/90 southbound through traffic must keep left prior to the temporary barrier wall separating ramp and through traffic.
- Due to the current closure of the I-39/90 southbound loop ramp to US 12/18 eastbound, drivers wishing to travel east on US 12/18 must also keep right after passing under the County AB bridge. Motorists should use the US 51 / Stoughton Road interchange to access eastbound US 12/18.
This configuration will be in effect until mid-November 2021. Message boards and signs will be placed along I-39/90 southbound alerting drivers to the changes.
Motorists on I-39/90 are urged to be alert for lane shifts, eliminate distractions when driving and follow the reduced speed limit of 60 mph.
The work operations and lane shifts are weather dependent and subject to change.
Stay informed on the I-39/90 Expansion Project:
- Register for project email updates – i39-90.wi.gov
- Follow the I-39/90 Project Facebook page – Facebook.com/WisconsinI3990Project
- View information on the I-39/90 and Beltline interchange project – projects.511wi.gov/i-39-90/us1218-beltline/
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.