This week, Texas Republicans proved once again just how extreme and out of touch their party is and moved forward with outrageous laws that attack reproductive and voting rights across the state. In response, the DNC made it clear that the Democratic Party will stop at nothing to protect these rights and stand against Republicans’ extreme agenda.
- Statement from DNC Chair Jaime Harrison on the Supreme Court’s Attacks on Roe
- Statement from DNC Women’s Caucus Chair Lottie Shackelford on the Supreme Court Allowing Texas’ SB8 to go Into Effect
- Statement from DNC Chair Jaime Harrison on Voter Suppression Bill Advancing in Texas Legislature
Meanwhile, the DNC wrapped up its “Build Back Better” bus tour this week with stops in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, where DNC Chair Jaime Harrison and local leaders touted President Biden’s success in bringing jobs back, securing a bipartisan infrastructure deal, and providing people in their communities with needed relief through the American Rescue Plan.
- In Wisconsin: CBS58: Wisconsin Democrats, DNC officials kick off ‘build back better’ tour ahead of 2022 midterm elections
- In Wisconsin: Spectrum News 1: Democrats tout accomplishments during ‘Build Back Better’ bus tour stop in Madison
- In Michigan: Fox17: DNC’s ‘Build Back Better’ tour makes stop in Kalamazoo
- In Pennsylvania: NBC Philadelphia: DNC Bus Tour Wraps Up in Philadelphia
- In Pennsylvania: The Philadelphia Tribune: Photos: DNC’s “Build Back Better” bus tour hits Philadelphia
- In New Jersey: New Jersey Globe: DNC bus tour backing Biden agenda ends in Cherry Hill
And in states across the country, including Georgia and North Carolina, state parties spent the week driving similar messages, making clear voters in their states know that the ‘D’ in Democrat stands for ‘deliver’.
- In Georgia: WGXA News: Democratic Party of Georgia visits Macon as part of ‘Democrats Deliver’ tour
- In Georgia: The Augusta Chronicle: Georgia Democrats’ tour touting national achievements stops in Augusta
- In Georgia: 41NBC: Georgia Democrats begin statewide tour in Macon
- In Georgia: WRBL: “Democrats Deliver” tour makes stop in Columbus
- In Georgia: Capitol Beat: ‘Democrats Deliver’ state tour ends in Atlanta
- In North Carolina: NC Policy Watch: Ahead of Labor Day, North Carolina leaders push for federal infrastructure bill
Finally, ahead of Labor Day, state parties across the country reminded people that President Biden and Democrats have put American workers at the forefront of their agenda, as the U.S. economy has created more than 4 million jobs and is growing at the fastest rate in nearly 40 years.
- Arizona Democratic Party: Biden’s Build Back Better Agenda Brings Results for Arizona Workers
- Indiana Democratic Party: A Majority of Americans Approve of President Biden’s Job on Economy, Child Tax Credit