|Contact: Laurie Ross, NRB Board Liaison
[email protected] or 608-267-7420
DNR Office of Communications
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet virtually for the May board meeting to consider several proposed rules, hearings, management and master plans, land items and donations. The Board also will receive an information update on Chronic Wasting Disease.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 26, 2021, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 S. Webster St., Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the Agenda.
Although the public will not be allowed to attend the meeting in person due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the public can watch the May board meeting on the DNR’s YouTube channel.
The deadline for remote public appearance requests and written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
The Board will be considering:
- Department recommendations for Board Order AM-20-18, proposed rules affecting chapters NR 400, 419, 421, 422, 423, 425, 439, and 484, related to implementing reasonably available control technology (RACT) to limit volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions from miscellaneous metal and plastic parts coatings and miscellaneous industrial adhesives
- 2021-2031 Elk Management Plan, rule and 2021 season quotas
- Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order FH-29-20(E) and Board Order FH-30-20 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice for FH-30-20 and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 20 related to lake trout season and harvest in Lake Michigan
- Statement of Scope for Board Order FH-16-20 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 25 related to reorganizing commercial fishing and wholesale fish dealer regulations
- Request that the Board authorize a preliminary public hearing and comment period for the Statement of Scope for Board Order DG-25-20, for proposed rules affecting chapter NR 140 related to setting numerical standards to minimize the concentration of polluting substances in groundwater
- Sturgeon Management Plan
- Blue Mound State Park Master Plan
The complete May NRB meeting agenda is available on the DNR website here.
In addition to being encouraged to watch the upcoming May meeting, there are opportunities for the public to testify and to submit written comment about issues that come before the NRB. More information regarding public participation at Board meetings is available here.