|MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today signed two bills.
Senate Bill 198, now Wisconsin Act 55:
- Modifies existing law to make administrative and technical changes to enhance the collection of room taxes already owed under current law and to reduce the burden of collecting and remitting room taxes;
- Enhances the information available to municipalities and marketplace providers related to the room tax to clarify and complete details for administration of the room tax as it pertains to online marketplaces; and
- Provides equity across all lodging providers, including marketplace providers such as Airbnb and Vrbo.
Senate Bill 302, now Wisconsin Act 56:
- Extends the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s (DPI) authority to grant waivers to private schools and independent charter schools an additional year through Oct. 31, 2021; and
- Prohibits DPI from waiving requirements related to the state assessment program, standardized reading test for pupils in grade 3, and confidentiality of pupil records for private schools and independent charter schools.
In addition to signing the above bills, Gov. Evers vetoed Assembly Bill 336. The veto message is available here.